Your permission level within Capsule defines the access you have to certain features within the site. Some features such as updating billing information and changing the ownership of the Capsule account can only be performed by the account owner.
Users can have one of three permission levels:
Users can view and update all contacts, opportunities, cases and tasks.
Administrators can do everything users can do, plus they can configure account settings. For example, Administrators can edit tags, custom fields, opportunity milestones and track templates. They can also add, amend and remove other users.
The Account Owner has the same level of access as an Administrator. In addition the Account Owner is responsible for:
- Paying the monthly subscription if you are using the Professional plan.
- Restoring records that have been accidentally deleted Capsule automatically assigns the account owner role to the person who opens your account.
To edit user preferences, go to your Capsule Settings Users Click the name of the user you want to edit.
In addition to the permission levels, the right to export data can be removed for individual users.
Click through to the user’s setting page from the Settings Users Click the name of the user you want to edit, then tick the administrator check-box and save the change.
To edit user preferences, go to your Settings Users click the name of the user you want to edit.
When adding or updating a user’s preferences, the following option will appear to control whether the user can export contacts, opportunities and cases to a CSV, Excel or vCard file:
If the right to export is removed from an administrator then the administrator will not be able to assign the right to other users.
The current account owner must assign the role to the new owner by going to Settings Account Change account owner.
When you re-assign this role, only the new account owner can change account owner, upgrade, downgrade or cancel your account, and receive your monthly invoice.
You may also want to change your payment details.
If you have a single user account, there are a couple of extra steps:
- Add the new account owner as a new user
- Assign the account owner role to this user
- If you do not want the previous account owner as a user, login as the new account owner and delete the user
- If your current account owner can’t re-assign the role, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to add a new Capsule user you need to be a Capsule account admin.
- Go to your Capsule Settings Users Add New User.
- Enter the details for the user including email address and username and finish by clicking the button to Invite User
The user will be asked to create their own password when they follow the link from the invitation email. When the new user is added, Capsule sends an automated email notifying the account owner the monthly subscription will be increased.
If your account is integrated with G Suite you will only be able to invite users that are on your G Suite domain.
When you suspend a user; the user and their associated tasks will remain on Capsule but they will not be able to login.
You need to be a Capsule Admin to be able to suspend a user. Go to Settings Users Click on the user you want to suspend. Under the username click the option to Suspend user
To reverse the suspension, follow the same process and select restore user instead.
Suspending a user is intended as a temporary action. It does not change the subscription cost.
In order to delete a user in Capsule you need to be a Capsule Admin.
Go to Settings Users click on the user you want to delete. Now use the option on the right hand side to Delete User.
Deleting a user reduces the subscription cost.
All history the user has entered such as emails and notes will be retained. All open tasks, cases and opportunities currently assigned to the user will be reassigned to a user of your choice.
You can’t delete the Capsule account owner. If the owner is not needed as a Capsule user anymore, the owner has to first login and change the ownership over to another user. See instructions here.
If you or another user has accidentally deleted a record then those can be restored.
- Only the Capsule account owner has access to restore deleted records using the ‘trash’ facility
- Deleted records are kept in the trash for 30 days before they are permanently deleted
If you are the owner then what you need to do is go to your Capsule Settings Trash - here you’ll see a list of all deletion entries in the last 30 days.
Each delete action represents a row in the trash. This could be a single email or a bulk delete of three contacts for example. Click the link to restore next to the row for the entry you’d like to restore.
If it’s a bulk delete for three contacts then the restore action will restore all three contacts.
Here’s a list of the different records that can be restored:
- People & organizations along with any linked tasks, cases, opportunities, history and attachments
- Opportunities & cases along with any linked tasks, history and attachments
- Notes & emails along with any linked attachments