Zendesk is an online help desk. Capsule integrates with Zendesk so that you can see a complete view of interactions that a lead or customer has had with your business across sales and support activities.
The Zendesk integration is available to Capsule users on the Professional plan.
The integration allows you to:
- See and create Zendesk tickets right inside a contact’s page in Capsule
- See and create a Capsule contact from within a Zendesk ticket
- In Capsule, go to the Account Settings Integrations Zendesk.
- Enter the details of your Zendesk account to enable Capsule to access your Zendesk account.
This will allow you to view tickets from Zendesk that are from contacts that you have in your Capsule account.
If you’re logging in to Zendesk using Single Sign-On (SSO) then in the ‘email address’ field you need to include
/token at the end of the email address like this:
In the password field you then need to use a Zendesk API token. You can create a token by going to your Zendesk Settings API click the link to add new token
- Find the Capsule CRM app on the Zendesk Apps Marketplace here.
- Press Install.
- Enter or select your Zendesk account. Press Install. You may be asked to log in with your Zendesk Email Address and Password.
- Enter a Personal Access Token in the Personal Access Token field.
- Press Install.
You can now see the Capsule App when you’re viewing a ticket in Zendesk.
Click the link to Apps in the ticket view and the Capsule App will be visible along with any other app you might have installed.
If you see a message indicating there was trouble connecting to Capsule when viewing a ticket in Zendesk then you may need to update the settings for the Capsule App.
- Click the Admin icon in the Zendesk sidebar.
- Select Apps > Manage.
- Click on the icon for the Capsule CRM app.
- Switch to the App Configuration tab.
- Copy a Personal Access Token from Capsule into the Personal Access Token field in Zendesk.
On 11th May 2018 we released a new version of the Capsule Zendesk app. Users of the v1 app will have been upgraded automatically, but will need to update the app configurating by entering a new Personal Access Token. To do that follow the instructions in our troubleshooting section above.