Use the Capsule Connector for Google Data Studio to pull in your opportunities and generate different reports based on the data.
Teams Plan Feature available only on our Teams plan
The begin using the Capsule Google Data Studio Connector:
- Click Data Sources in the sidebar
- Click + in the bottom right to add a new Data Source
- Search for Capsule in the search box to easily find the Connector
- Click Select to choose the Connector
- Click Authorize to allow your Google Account to use the Connector
- Click the second Authorize to allow the Connector to talk to your Capsule account
- Enter your Capsule subdomain
- Log into your Capsule account
- Click Allow to allow the Connector to talk to your Capsule account
Once you’re chosen the Capsule Google Data Studio Connector, you’ll be presented with some configuration options to choose if you would like to filter the opportunities, and any custom fields you would like to pick to be dimension or metric fields available for reporting.
You can choose any number of custom fields which are available to use as dimension fields. As well as any number of custom fields which can be metric fields.
Once you’re configured the options as you like, you can click the Connect button in the top right to begin using Capsule as a data source.
Once connected, you will see a list of the available fields that you can use for creating reports. Fields in blue are metric fields, and those in green are dimension fields.
From here you are able to click Create Report to create a new visual report based on your opportunity data. Or click Explore to go to the explorer to explore the opportunity data.
If you would like to change the configuration options you’ve previously set:
- Click ← Edit Connection in the top left
- Change any configuration options you would like to change
- Click Reconnect in the top right
- You will see a dialog which displays any new or missing fields which will be the result of adding and removing custom fields
- Click Apply to continue
You’ll be taken back to the fields page, which will display your existing fields and then any new ones that may have been added.