A Case is a storage area or folder where you can keep everything related to a particular project or event that you’re working on holding all the relevant information, tasks and history in a common place.
Cases are one of the most versatile features within Capsule, giving you flexibility to set up different processes and workflows and store a wide variety of information. A Case gives you easy access to share everything you need for your day to day work rather than storing it across several systems (and filing cabinets).
Here are some ideas we have for how you can use Cases:
Post Sale - A Case can be linked directly to an Opportunity. You can manage all post sale activities such as ensuring agreed work is delivered, holding customer requirements for that project or following up with customers for feedback.
Events - When hosting or attending an event, a Case provides you with an area for keeping track of communication, tasks, attendees and files.
Marketing - Before your sales cycle begins you might like to use Cases for nurturing your leads, or for storing marketing collateral.
Internal Documentation - Away from the sales and project side of things, you can use Cases to store internal documentation. These documents may be used for training or product specifications.
We have found different industries use Cases differently. Here are some examples and ways they have worked for different companies:
- Travel companies use Cases for each of their tailored tours eg. safaris, mountain trek.
- Real estate companies create a Case for each of the properties they have for let/sale.
- Construction companies use Cases for capturing specification details for building projects.
- Accountants use Cases for managing tax returns and year end processing.
- Technology companies create a Case for each set of beta customers trialling a new feature.