Sales aren’t always easy, it can be hard to pick yourself back up after a missed sales target or a stressful quarter.
But doing so is the only way to develop your skills and improve your sales abilities. Everyone who's ever been successful has faced failure and they have some great quotes to remind you of it.
So, if you’re feeling a bit low, here are 35+ quotes to boost your morale, lift your mood, and get you ready for another new year in sales.
1. "You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new" - Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs built his platform on anticipating the future needs of customers. His quote is a reminder to always think ahead and predict what your prospects want before they even know what they want.
Nelson Mandela was a man full of wisdom. Every lost sale is a chance to look at your process, what went wrong, and what went well? What can you do better in the next sale?
As a business executive, billionaire, and philanthropist, Sheryl Sandberg knows a thing or two about making the most of an opportunity.
Take it from a man who expanded into every industry from cola to airlines - there is always a new opportunity on the horizon. You just have to be ready to take it.
Dr Maraboli knows a thing or two about beating people’s expectations. Insecurity can hold you back in business, but if you have the drive to further your career people will soon be envious for all the right reasons.
6. "Don’t try to do everything by yourself, but try to connect with people and resources. Having that discipline and perseverance is really important." - Chieu Cao
Every good salesperson knows the importance of networking. You can’t do everything yourself, but good relationships are the foundation for building your sales career.
7. "On any given Monday I am one sale closer and one idea away from being a millionaire" - Larry D. Turner
The CEO of Roundhouse Advisors knows all about business growth. Every sale is one step closer to your end goal, so keep that in mind next time you’re struggling for a sale.
8. "Success looks a lot like failure up until the moment you break through the finish line" - Dan Waldschmidt
As a business strategist and extreme athlete, Dan understands the value of perseverance. Success can be hard to quantify sometimes we never know we’ve made it until we have.
Only you know the value of your skills, so don’t undersell yourself!
Nothing worth doing happens overnight. Success takes perseverance, time, and effort.
11. "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them yourself." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Mistakes are what makes us human. So take heed when you see others making errors that you can avoid yourself.
Do we need to say more?
Try Capsule CRM free for 14 daysGet started
1. "Great salespeople are relationship builders who provide value and help their customers win." - Jeffrey Gitomer
It’s foolish not to take advice from the author of The Sales Bible.
Top advice from a multi-billionaire - hard work pays off!
As the first woman to head up IBM, Ginni knows a lot about growth.
4. "I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard." - Esteé Lauder
You know the old saying that everything is sales? It really is true!
5. "It’s no longer about interrupting, pitching, and closing. It is about listening, diagnosing, and prescribing." - Mark Roberge
The role of salespeople has changed in recent years, you need to know what a client knows before they know themselves.
6. "Sellers who listen to buyers carefully and then give them the missing ingredients—those are the ones who stand out." - Deb Calvert
Sales are all about communication, the most successful salespeople are the ones who take the time to learn from their customers and build relationships.
7. "You might be a salesman if you insist you do more market research before you and your spouse have another child" - Anonymous
While we don’t know the origin of this quote, it rings true.
8. "Before LinkedIn and other social networks in the sales world, ABC stood for Always Be Closing. Now it means "Always Be Connecting.” - Jill Rowley, Social Selling Evangelist
As a Social Selling Evangelist, Jill knows that networking is key for every salesperson. It’s how they source leads, nurture relationships and expand their client base.
9. "Never ever chase money. You should chase success, because with success money follows." -Wilfred Emmanuel-Jones
Chasing money is a big part of a salesperson’s motivation, but it’s not the be-all and end-all. Often money comes from finding your passion and pursuing it until you reach your goal.
Sometimes all it takes to succeed is the extra pressure of a time constraint!
1. "My sales objective is to get my prospects to look at my products the same way I look at bacon" - Kurt Mortensen
He’s a best-selling author for a reason and we can’t argue with his method especially when you see the results!
We feel you on this Tina…
3. "There’s never any guarantee that anyone will like you. So if anyone likes you at all, you’ve already won." - Chelsea Handler
Sales is all about building trust. So once your prospects trust you that’s half the battle won.
Perseverance in business is key, you never know where your work ethic could take you.
Sales is all about keeping your eye on the prize.
Money is a great motivator, and investing in yourself is a great way to grow in business.
Isn’t that the truth? The only way to develop is through hard work.
Life - and sales - is all about making your own opportunities!
Sometimes you have to take the bull by the horns and make the most of every opportunity.
Sure, it’s the taking part that counts, but if it weren't for our drive, most of us would never get to where we want to be.
The real-life Wolf of Wall Street, Jordan Belford, is one of the most quotable salespeople in the business. After starting as a door-to-door salesman in New York, he then went on to become a stockbroker and make millions of dollars.
After being imprisoned for fraud, Belfort wrote the best-selling book ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’, which detailed his time as a stockbroker. His success saw him launch himself as a motivational speaker to help sales executives perform and sell better.
Here are some of his best quotes:
1. "The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullsh*t story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it."
2. "Act as if! Act as if you're a wealthy man, rich already, and then you'll surely become rich. Act as if you have unmatched confidence and then people will surely have confidence in you. Act as if you have unmatched experience and then people will follow your advice. And act as if you are already a tremendous success, and as sure as I stand here today - you will become successful.""
3. "Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny, they’re not creatures of circumstance, they create circumstance if the circumstances around them suck they change them."
4. "Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions."
5. "I want you to back yourself into a corner. Give yourself no choice but to succeed. Let the consequences of failure become so dire and so unthinkable that you’ll have no choice but to do whatever it takes to succeed."
We all need a little pick-me-up from time to time. Sometimes you need a bit of inspiration to keep you going through the week.
The role of a salesperson is varied, you have a lot of plates to spin and a lot of priorities to manage. But without a plan in mind, you could find yourself struggling to stay organized.
A good CRM is a salesperson’s secret weapon, it allows you to manage your client’s data and keep on top of customer relations. Discover how a CRM can help your business with our 14-day free trial.