Our latest reports enhancements gives you the power to drill down further into the Activity and Sales reports, providing you with a full picture of work that’s been completed and the specific Opportunities that feed into a Sales report.
Report breakdowns provide deeper insight into your teams’ and company’s performance. Ways you can use report breakdowns include:
- Performance Management - gain insight into user performance and areas to improve by understanding the activities completed by each user in a particular time frame.
- New Starter Onboarding - Monitor the number of activities new starters are completing, identify if they are struggling in any ways. Having visibility of the activity notes also gives you a quick view into how they are communicating with customers and whether their approach is on-brand.
- Pipeline Insights - Understand exactly which Opportunities have been won or lost, and compare which users/teams are converting the most leads.
You can access report breakdowns by navigating to the Reports page in the top left of Capsule.
To view a report breakdown is simple. All you need to do is click on the bars in the bar charts that you are interested in to see a breakdown of the report. You can also click on specific rows in the results table to open up a report breakdown.
When it comes to filtering the report breakdowns, any filters that were applied at the point of clicking on a bar in the bar charts will automatically be applied to the report breakdown. This means the breakdown reflects the selected bar.
If you’d like to, you can clear and adjust these filters using the filter options at the top of the report breakdown view.
When you view a report breakdown it uses the date filter that was applied to the top level report. If you’d like to adjust the time period the report breakdown applies to:
- Close the report breakdown view.
- Adjust the time period the report applies to using the date filters in the top right corner. You can use existing filters such as This Year and This Quarter, or you can apply a custom date range. Click ‘Apply’.
- Open the report breakdown once more and the new date filter will be applied.
Time based report breakdowns such as Won/Lost Opportunities Over Time, use a combination of the top level date filter and also the month/quarter selected. For example, when the top level date filter is set to ‘This Year’, if you click on the January bar chart only Opportunities from January this year will be displayed.
Feature available only on our Teams plan
Clicking a row in the report breakdown view will take you to the related task/entry for the Activity Reports and to the related Opportunities for the Sales Reports.
- If you do not have access to the record the activity entry relates to directly, no information will be displayed.
- If you have access to the Person the activity is recorded on but not their linked Organization, the Organization will be displayed as ‘Private’.
- If you have access to an Opportunity or Case but do not have access to the linked Contact, the Contact will be displayed as ‘Private’.
Tasks are not access controlled. For Task activity, the Task description will always be visible. If users do not have access to the associated record it will be displayed as ‘Private’, however users will still be able to see the Task description.
You can easily export report breakdowns by using the option to ‘Export as CSV’. The export includes all of the information you can see in the breakdown.
The exported file does not include Custom Fields or Tags.
When exporting to a CSV file you can export up to 20,000 rows. If the report you are trying to export exceeds this limit you can reduce the number of rows by adjusting the date range to a reduced time period or by applying additional filters, such as filtering by less users or teams or by removing an activity type.